Monday, July 15, 2013

SHE'S GROWING SO FAST

Well little Miss Oakley (Peanut) is sure growing fast. I get out to see her at least 3 times a week and every time I see her she seems to have grown more. Peps is showing to be a real good Mom although she does like to have some "Me" time as well. I make sure that I rub her ears, brush her down and feed her tons of cookies. As I'm doing this, I'm able to sneak in a few butt scratches and pats with baby. She loves it when I get down to her level. She will put her nose right up to my face. Trying to get a picture some times is proving to be difficult. She comes right up the camera and all I get are her nostrils. Did rub her face yesterday and scratch between her ears. I could spend hours just hanging out with the mommas and babies. Even Jazzy (who normally is very standoffish) hung around for some "Me" time yesterday as well. In all these years, I have never been able to get this close to her. She can be a very sweet mare if she wants too. I'm hoping by seeing Peps and baby (still haven't decided on what her barn name will be) and spending time in with them at least twice a week, that I will be able to keep playing with her and that she will allow me to touch and play with her. If any of you have any suggestions as to her barn name, please leave them in the comments. Sherry started calling her Peanut, I have been calling her little miss, so I'm still not sure what to call her.



8 comments:

GoLightly said...

aw, thanks for your kind comments on my blog.
Her name will come to you, or she'll tell you. Esther isn't doing it for ya, eh?
:)
She's adorable, you must be so proud of your grand mare!!

greymare said...

To tell you the truth GL, after reading your original comment, Esther was definitely an option. It kinda fits her story. Actually, she loves to play in the automatic waterers.

greymare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherry Sikstrom said...

"Peanut" is a sweetie. As GL said, she will tell you her name in time meanwhile I had to call her something while I was encouraging her little self across the pen that morning, it just fit at the time,but I will absolutely defer to your choice when you make it

aurora said...

What a cute girl, investigating her new curious world!

Crystal said...

So very cute! And I agree a name will come in time, I had a groups of babies called by thier color one year till thier names came to me, lol

Crystal said...

Oh and I go the cards in the mail Wednesday and they are awesome, thank you so much!

Unknown said...

So cute, what a nice horse you got!!!