Sunday, June 16, 2013

COUNT DOWN IS ON

Well we had a fabulous week on the East Coast. Whirlwind tour of PEI, Cape Breton, Halifax and Area. Man it is such beautiful country. Visited all the historic sites, Louisberg, Fort Anne, Port Royal, Lunenberg, Halifax Citadel as well as Anne of Green Gables, Peggy's Cove, etc. Cape Breton was so picturesque as was all of it. Went sailing on an old wooden sailboat out of Lunenberg. Had Tead and seafood chowder at Rita McNeil's in Big Pond, Cape Breton. What a fascinating woman she was. So talented. Alexander Kieth's brewery tour was definitely a highlight. I have now put my toes in both the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans. I guess now I will have to plan a trip to the Arctic and put my toes or fingers in the Arctic Ocean. Now to the meaning of the title. My mare is #4 in the foaling contest on Sherry's blog (Fern Valley Appaloosas). She is less than a month away with her first foal. So I promised I would enter the contest. So here we go> Mare #4 Arctic Frosted Pepsi/ OK Frosty Bear X Arctic Hi Flame
Peps was bred on August 1st to Windwalker Cactus/ Middys Top Dandy X RS Magic Bar
This is Peps' first foal. We tried last year but think she lost it. She is a half sister to Spots In XS
Her sire OK Frosty Bear is pictured below, the white few spot. I sure hope to get lots of spots. She herself was born a black with a blanket. But we all know that with appys it is a crap shoot. So pick the day, time, sex and colour and stay tuned for the results.
Cactus's sire Middy's Top Dandy

7 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

I am out since I will know before anyone else , so good luck to all
Will link this post

greymare said...

Yeah, You'll know even before I will. I know she'll be in good hands.

Wolfie said...

A good looking family. :-) Hope all goes well with the foaling.

Crystal said...

I too was sent over here from Sherrys blog and have finally got a little time to catch up. I will guess July 6th a grey filly (for you :) early morning. Be a busy day, my Moms birthday and we are at a wedding but hope to see a foal that night

Wolfie said...

I have nominated you for Liebster Award! Come visit: http://wolfie-whatwasithinking.blogspot.ca

Shirley said...

Sent over from Sherry's blog too- I'm guessing a grey spotted colt on Sunday morning July 7th

Silvertree said...

I think grey filly, near leopard, 1 am Monday (My original thought was Saturday but everyones putting that haha)
Wendy