Monday, September 19, 2011

MY SWEET GIRL IS HERE


Boy, what a birthday present! Picked up our sweet pup "OAKLEY'S AUTUMN" on Friday. We weren't home 5 minutes and she and the cat were wrestling and tearing around the house. Don't know how many laps they did. We've never really been into crate training, so potty training consists of watching the pup and trying to guess when she needs to go outside. The first night, everytime she moved, I got up thinking she needed to go outside. We took her to the cottage on Saturday. She loved it out there. She even got to go for a boat ride. Quite soemthing considering the other two were never allowed even when they were adult dogs. Another sign of this one being spoiled is I brought her into bed this morning. Mistake! Her morning nap happened cuddled up between the pillows. Don't have my camera here as I left it in the car when we went to pick her up or I would've posted a picture of this. So this morning there were four of us in the bed, me, hubby, Autumn and the cat Elliot. I have forgotten after 13 years, how much work puppies are but I'm sure when she's six months old and not the cute little fur ball she is now I will be wishing she was a puppy again. They grow so fast. Luckily the breeder sent home a CD of pictures of her as she grew for the first seven weeks. I don't have too many of my own yet. I will definitely have to get some of her in the fallen leaves. Won't be able to find her.

4 comments:

C-ingspots said...

Oh my word!!! She adorable!! How could you not let that little puffball with the smushy little sad face into your bed!!?? I'd be a goner for sure...she'd sleep with me every night snuggled under the covers...sigh. Puppies are a lot of work, but they're just too stinkin cute not to have them, and I love the fact that by the time they're bigger, they have the family routine down pat. Careful - that one will have you wrapped around her tiny, fuzzy, cute little paw!! :)

C-ingspots said...

Oh, forgot to mention about the crate training. We'd never, ever used that method until the pup before last, Nellie. Now, I'm sold on it, 100% - makes potty training a breeze. Easy peasy. I recomment it highly! They learn to tell you when they want/need to go out, and they think of the crate as "their house". Have fun!!!

GoLightly said...

awwwww, schnoogle, schnoogle schNOOGLE those little puppy paws... Awwww. Yeah, you're a goner.
Great word:)

Just be careful she doesn't train you too early:) Flip has me SO well trained now!
Have fun with the middle of the night wake-uP call. Nah, she wouldn't wake you up....
Congratulations! What a lucky puppy she is!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

I have met her and can attest that she is Truly adorable!!!