Sunday, January 10, 2010

OUT WITH THE OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW


This is Angela with her two year old Eurus.




This is me and Peps on our Christmas ride.



This is Blue and I on our Christmas ride with Angela and Digger


This is a picture out our back window of our cottage. The moon was so bright, it was almost like daylight outside at midnight.

Well it's been a year now since I first started this blog. I've found it to be a great way to vent, or too just talk and meet new people and follow others stories. This past year was fun and eventful. From travelling to New York and visiting family in Winnipeg,to cruising Alaska with FV and hubby; to overcoming my fear and getting on my horse again to working with my young filly, I'd say it was a good year. The year ended with a great family Christmas. Our three kids were home and we spent the holidays enjoying family time and catching up. The weather was cold for most of it but Angela and I did manage to get a couple nice rides in. The first day we took the boys and went for over an hour. The next day she helped me with my young mare Peps and we took her out for a bit of a trail ride and she worked her two year old Eurus for abit. She also managed to get in some snowmobiling with her dad and brother. The first week of the New Year was hectic. Fell behind in alot of things over the holidays so spent the week doing laundry, cleaning, working, just gertting caught up. Heading to Red Deer with Sherry (FV) for the Horse Owners and Breeders conference Jan 15-17th. Should be very informative and a great way to meet and interface with other horse people. I'm not one for making New Years resolutions but I do want to try and blog more, ride more and enjoy life more as we never know what tomorrow will bring, so enjoy what we have as much as we can.

4 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

It was a good year, too bad I didn't get a shot of you and Peps yesterday.Looking forward to the weekend

GoLightly said...

Happy New Year, greymare!

Looking forward to reading more of your adventures!

Great pics, thank you, I always look at them a few (hundred) times.

All the best to your and yours, this 2010.
Kudos for all you all do!

Shirley said...

Happy blogaversary! Sorry to hear about your brother in law, I'll pray for him and his family.
Maybe you could talk Sherry into doing a post about the Red Deer conference? Sounds like you had a good time, and inquiring minds want to know how her speech went! Love the Christmas day photos on your colorful horses.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Shirley ,I did not present at the conference (thank goodness I would have had a heart attack) My fear/concerns were just about the crowds and meeting new people. It was a great conference and I am glad Deb convinced me to go