Monday, November 16, 2009

TIME TO CATCH UP



Excuse the quality, Sherry used her cell phone for these



I think I almost have the seat and position. My line is almost straight.


yes I know I said that after my trip to Calgary that I would post. I know it's been a week or so but honestly, my life is a blur right now. I should fill you in on the darker side of my life. I don't know if I have ever talked about this part of my life or not but this is what has been taking all of my time lately. I am the CEO (chief Elected Official) for our small summer village. We may be small, but we face the same challenges as do the bigger communities, only with a much smaller revenue. Our Council meetings have the same procedures and importance as the larger ones do. We've been having alot of trouble lately with a small organization within our village. Needless to say this has been causing much stress and contention. Well I finally had enough and had one certain person removed from our meeting. Boy it felt good to actually use the powers that be and are entitled. It is a three year term and I would say that 90% of the last two and a half years has been a great experience and I am proud of what the three of us have done. It is an election year in 2010 so don't know yet whether I will run again. Anyway enough of that. On to the brighter side of my life, other than my family. My horses. I have been quite envious of DVM 2012, and her success with Classy. The weekend was finally nice and nothing much else to take me away, other than going to get hay, help with feeding etc. but I love doing that so I don't find them chores. Saturday, helped Sherry with chores and then brought in my young mare Peps and lunged her and saddled her up. She hasn't had alot of attention lately so wasn't sure how she would take to things again. Don't know why I worry. She was an absolute doll. Well it was getting late so thought better of getting on her and set Sunday as my goal. Well after helping with hay and stalls etc. brought Peps in again and did the same routine, only this time I stepped right up and all went well. With Sherry's guidiance and encouragement, she helped me over a couple of small stumbling blocks. Near the end of our ride, I must admit I felt good and Peps was again a doll. I realize that it is not her, that I am afraid, but myself. I need to convince myself that I CAN ride. The accident was just a blip on the radar and that if I just relax and let my inner self take over that I will be out on the trails with her real soon and that our troubles are over. At my age, I guess my brain overthinks and takes control. I've ben letting it tell me what I can and can't do. I can't wait to get on her again and continue building a solid relationship of trust and confidence. I leave for Saskatoon tomorrow to visit with Ange for a couple days and then we are driving back together on Thursday for the big BAR NONE weekend. This will be the first time that all three of my kids have gone. The youngest Cara has worked them before but never been able to partake in the festivities. She and Angela are having a sisters weekend. No boys allowed. The last time they went out drinking together was when Cara turned 18 and they headed to the Darwell fair and the Aaron Pritchet concert. I won't say any more other than Angela owes her sister. big brother Rob will be there too. Hubby and i are staying in the city this weekend to be the taxi service. also Ange has to head back to Saskatoon on Sunday. Hopefully Ange will let me try Classy. Talk to you all when I return from Saskabush.

1 comment:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Looking good! you did well with Peps over the weekend . She is a good girl! HAve fun with your girl!